First of all, I strived to keep this blog for technological preaches but I am compelled (by my conscience) to jot down this post. Let’s have the disclaimer first.
“All characters appearing in this post are not fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, intoxicated or not, is totally coincidental”
It was 14th June, 2013. My 2nd Team Outing in my first company. But I would enamor to have it again. All began with enlisting 30 people but 24 made it. We had so much of fun inclusive of all shites. But the special one which I am pointing to is the cherishable “ROUND TABLE BOOZING”. Sorry for my satyrs if I couldn’t make it properly. I don’t want you to be addled. It’s not analogous to “ROUND TABLE CONFERENCE”. LOL. It’s a special imbibing session for bibulous peoples. Not everyone but some. Some are seasoned and some are seasonal. I don’t want to categorize myself. But I would love to be presumptuous in doing the same for others.
1. Aravind Andagunda: For readers’, don’t get confused with “ANACONDA”. As per as I remember, he had chugged some what 8-9 bottles of Carlsberg or Tuborg. The actual ANACONDA then started devouring the people attending the so called boozing session. But I would love to say, he spoke his heart. This is the first time I interacted with him properly and it made me write this. But one question, How do you like seeing John Ceena playing soccer? Oh sorry, wrong question. You have already seen that. Haven’t you?
2. Arun G: You know that when I was in college, “G” was a reserved keyword. You can ask him what it was. Even I thought of asking him whether his surname had the same dilemma or not. Let it be. If Aravind is reading this and finding me to kill for denoting him as ANACONDA, then kill Arun first cos he is your culprit. Jokes apart. I thought of tagging Arun as “BRET LEE" when I saw him bowling. But one thing I would love to ask Arun, How could you miss that goal? But seriously speaking, you are a real champ in football also. No hyperbole intended.
3. Celestine Jacob: The more evanescent person I felt. Though you are on this list cos you were a part of the WOLFPACK at last.
4. Jitender Shhhhh: Have I misspelt it? If yes, then please do correct me. But I swear, Team B won the TOSS game. Though you were declared winner. OKie. Some time, it happens. I know :P. But to be serious, you hold a cap of “THE UNDEFEATED CAPTAIN”. Some of your co-players tagged you as “KAPIL DEV”. I wouldn’t say much as most of your traits have already been lauded by the great Aravind. I guess you remember those ones.
5. Manu KS: Hey guys, “KS" is his surname. Don’t miscomprehend. As per as I remember (as I haven’t taken any roofie), he missed a great deal (Manu: Remember the Toss Game FIXING). We even missed that enthusiasm in the evening session which you showed in the morning in coming so early before resort did open. :P
6. Manjunath Tale******: He is a real “Tale”-eater. For a reference to non-kannadigas, it’s head. No pun hinted. This is the first time I interacted with this guy mostly and I found he isn’t really a “LADKI BAAZ”.
7. Nagesh Sharma: He really f***ed my leg. It’s okay. It also happens. But as a part of the wolfpack, he really rocked it.
8. Naresh Ponnam: Beware . It’s not “POONAM”. Don’t ever think to challenge him for bottom surf. Remember, he is The Sankey Tank.
9. Naveen L: You know the L is his surname, not for being LOVER BOY.
10. Sandeep Kamath: We should show myriad of gratitude to this person. We wouldn’t have had this without his tremendous effort. Being a porker also, I didn’t expect him as a very good batsman. He really had it on the football field also. He really made this outing.
N.B: I think you guys want the pictures taken that night. Just contact him. (or if you want I can post it here :P)
11. Senthil C: Another disclaimer: All writings mentioned about Senthil is not because he is my manager, but also as a colleague.
Though the games weren’t that much interesting, his effort to make it spicy and interesting is really laudable. Everyone appreciated it even.
Senthil: You were badly craving for your feedback. It’s where you will get it. By the way, I got a swimming student for you. Don’t forget my commission.
Don’t you guys dare to forget his umpiring skills? Wasn’t it praise-worthy?
12. Shravan Pagolu: You know there is a Bengali word - “Paglu”. It means “crazy”. Isn’t he? Arun asked me to guess Shravan’s age. I got it wrong. Can anyone of you guess it?
13. Vikas Rao: He is “Steve Prefontaine”. Don’t get perplexed. I thought of naming him “Usain Bolt" but he’s still alive. Once Vikas gets on the field, "UNKA AATMA GHUS JATA HAI”.
Vikas: Did you get caught while driving back home?
14. Vinodh Kumarn: I remember his name got a little bit of tweaking. Isn’t it “Vinodhn”? One of the most seasoned ones. He saved goals like Fabien Barthez, dribbled like Iniesta, bent the ball like Beckham. I was all but forgetting, The photography credit goes to Vinodh and Sandeep. Can we have a great applause for them?
Concluding the post with an expectation of continuing the journey in the next one. What do you say, WOLFPACK?